President & CEO
Minneapolis, MN or Rapid City, SD
NDN Collective is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that builds the power of Indigenous Peoples, Communities, and Nations to exercise our inherent right to self-determination, while fostering a world that is built on a foundation of justice.
The Executive Assistant provides executive support to the President & CEO. The Executive Assistant serves as a point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to the President & CEO.
Who We Are
NDN Collective is an ambitious, systemic effort to empower Indigenous communities. We are creating a paradigm change in how society invests inIndigenous Peoples by scaling up investment and shifting decision-making power toIndigenous Peoples. We are doing four key things to create a new ecosystem that supports Indigenous self-determination:
- We are increasing philanthropic investment into Indigenous-led organizations.
- We are creating an Indigenous-led Community Development FinancialInstitution to move for-profit investment into projects led by and servingIndigenous communities.
- We are building capacity in Indigenous communities to be able to absorb this new influx of capital.
- We are advocating for Indigenous rights and policy changes that will enable our peoples and communities to thrive.
What Sets us Apart
- We represent the people we serve—we are Indigenous-led and support Indigenous people and organizations
- We think in systems and recognize the interconnectedness of all living things
- We are changemakers that have and model a mindset of abundance
- We believe in the power of Indigenous self-determination to create a just, equitable world for all people and the planet
- We integrate culture and ceremony into our work
- We acknowledge and pay respects to our elders and past while taking ownership and control of our future
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that
- is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the President & CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Plans, coordinates and ensures the President & CEO’s schedule is well managed and updated on a daily basis. Provides assistance and guidance for internal and external requests for the President & CEO’s time and office.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President & CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President & CEO and internal departments.
- Works closely and effectively with the President & CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides assistance with networking, maintaining partnerships and foster/building relationships crucial to the success of the organization
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President & CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Front desk reception, answering phones, taking messages, directing inquiries to proper staff.
- Handling, recording and dispersing all incoming and outgoing mail and all other correspondence for the organization
- Greeting visitors, guests and the general public
- Talking about and answering general questions regarding the organization
- Works closely with the Director of Operations
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Who You Are
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptableto various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
This position is salaried, commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance as well as 401(k) retirement plan, personal leave, wellness and professional development.
How To Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Assistant –[YOUR NAME].” In the email, please include:
- As a single PDF attachment, include:
- Your resume
- 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the organization and position
- Short answers to the following three questions:
- What is your philosophy about providing executive assistance?
- What would you be most nervous about going into this role if you were offered and accepted the position
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
- In the body of the email, please copy and paste the content of your short answers and include your name, phone number, and email address.
As attention to detail is critical for success in this role, only applicants who follow these specific application guidelines will be considered.
NDN Collective is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination.It is NDN Collective’s policy to comply with all federal, state, tribal and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity. In keeping with that policy, NDNCollective is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination against or harassment of any of our employees or others present at our facilities by anyone, including any NDN Collective supervisor, co-worker, vendor or client.