Building the collective power of Indigenous Peoples, communities, and Nations to exercise our inherent right to self-determination, while fostering a world that is built on a foundation of justice and equity for all people and the planet by increasing philanthropic investment into Indigenous led organizations, communities, people, tribes, and movements working to create a world that is just and equitable for all people and the planet.
Unrestricted grants of $250,000 to Indigenous-led organizations and grantmaking bodies working around the world to defend, develop, and/or decolonize our people.
Additional support in the areas of individual and group learning and building relationships with each other as well as prospective funders.
12-month fellowship, starting in January 2019.
20 Native leaders each year across Canada, the U.S., Mexico, and Puerto Rico working to defend, develop, and decolonize Indigenous peoples, communities, and nations.
Flexible cash award of $75,000 per fellow.
Self-designed with required components that will materialize in different ways for different fellows to develop as leaders including:
- • Articulating an understanding of how they will drive social impact by developing a personal Theory of Change;
- • Gaining skills and education in the areas of building and sustaining coalitions, studying effective change strategies, learning from successful organizations and initiatives, or developing business acumen and credentials;
- • Taking part in healing and wellbeing practices to recognize what it takes to be able to show up fully in their work and life;
- • Participating in leadership programs, including seeking and working with mentors.
- • Building a network of colleagues and thought partners within and/or outside of their current expertise and network.
Annual $1,000,000 discretionary award to an Indigenous-led organization to recognize, celebrate, and uplift exemplary models of Indigenous self-determination, innovation, and creativity and show what is possible when Indigenous Peoples are supported.