Website Content Manager
Rolling basis until position is filled
The Website Content Manager leads the content coordination, development, and maintenance of the NDN Collective website and related websites. Reporting to the Director of Communications and working with the Creative Director, web developer and managing directors of the NDN Collective ecosystem, the Website Content Manager ensures that all website content is optimal and concurrent with the functions of the organization. The ideal candidate has a strong political awareness and articulation of Indigenous issues.
WHO WE ARE
NDN Collective is the most ambitious, systemic effort to empower Indigenous communities in the history of philanthropy. We are creating a paradigm change inhow society invests in Indigenous Peoples by dramatically scaling up investmentand shifting decision-making power to Indigenous Peoples. We are doing four keythings to create a new ecosystem that supports Indigenous self-determination:
- We are dramatically increasing philanthropic investment into Indigenous-led organizations, with the goal of giving out $50M per year in grants by 2020.
- We are creating an Indigenous-led Community Development Financial Institution to move $100M of for-profit investment into projects led by and serving Indigenous communities.
- We are building capacity in Indigenous communities to be able to absorb this new influx of capital.
- We are advocating for Indigenous rights and policy changes that will enable our peoples and communities to thrive.
What Sets Us Apart
- We represent the people we serve—we are Indigenous-led and support Indigenous people and organizations
- We think in systems and recognize the interconnectedness of all living things
- We are changemakers that have and model a mindset of abundance
- We believe in the power of Indigenous self-determination to create a just, equitable world for all people and the planet
- We integrate culture and ceremony into our work
- We acknowledge and pay respects to our elders and past while taking ownership and control of our future
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop website content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term organizational goals
- Collaborate with communications, narrative and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout
- Create and publish engaging content
- Edit, proofread and improve writers’ posts
- Liaise with content writers to ensure brand consistency
- Optimize content according to SEO
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Develop an editorial calendar and ensure content team is on board
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- Other duties assigned
WHO YOU ARE
Education, Skills and Experience
- Proven work experience as a content manager
- Hands-on experience with Google Office Suite and WordPress/Drupal, Wix, or Squarespace
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- BSc degree in Journalism, Marketing or relevant field
- Strong political analysis of Indigenous issues from both lived and professional experience
- Strong ability and desire to work in a remote team environment
- Strong motivation and ability to take initiative
- Activator: You are a self-reliant person and are strong at making thingshappen by turning thoughts into action. You have a proven track record of successfully building or sustaining a nonprofit fundraising operation.
- Learner: You have strong learning agility and are able to rapidly understand and analyze new situations. You learn from your successes and failures and improve processes to drive our fundraising.
- Communicator: You are an exceptionally strong communicator who can create high-quality materials and deliver compelling messages and presentations. You have experience using this strength in securing funds for nonprofits.
- Entrepreneurial Spirt: You are ambitious and creative and enjoy the process of building something from the ground up. You are excited by the opportunity to come in and have a heavy hand in shaping our development operations.
- Socially & Emotionally Intelligent: You are able to work efficiently and respectfully with others. You understand how individuals, groups, and societies work and you build rapport through being trustworthy and empathetic.
- Detail Oriented: You strive for perfection and are able to move from the high level of a project to its smallest details.
- Flexible: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are flexible when it is necessary. You are willing to travel when needed.
This position is salaried, commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance as well as 401(k) retirement plan, a wellness program, personal leave and professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Website Content Manager – [YOUR NAME].” As a single PDF attachment, include:
- Your resume
- 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the organization and position
- Short answers to the following questions:
- What is your philosophy about website content management?
- What do decolonization and building Indigenous power mean to you?
- What would you be most nervous about going into this role if you were offered and accepted the position?
- What is the best advice you ever received?
In the body of the email, please copy and paste the content of your short answers and include your name, phone number, and email address.
As attention to detail is critical for success in this role, only applicants who follow these specific application guidelines will be considered.
NDN Collective is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination. It is NDN Collective’s policy to comply with all federal, state, tribal and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity. In keeping with that policy, NDN Collective is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination against or harassment of any of our employees or others present at our facilities by anyone, including any NDN Collective supervisor, co-worker, vendor or client.