Program Associate, NDN Partners
Rolling basis until position is filled
Remote, Rapid City, SD or Minneapolis, MN
NDN Partners Managing Director
NDN Collective is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that builds the power of Indigenous Peoples, Communities, and Nations to exercise our inherent right to self-determination, while fostering a world that is built on a foundation of justice.
NDN Action, the advocacy arm of NDN Collective, advances the rights of Indigenous Peoples and the environment through organizing, advocating, and building Indigenous-led campaigns and movements. NDN Action prioritizes informing and galvanizing Indigenous Peoples and the broader public to be able to defend, develop, and decolonize our people and planet.
The Program Associate provides administrative and programmatic support to the NDN Partners Managing Director in planning, developing business strategies, building client relationships and identifying new business opportunities as part of the NDN Ecosystem, internally and externally.
WHO WE ARE
NDN Collective is the most ambitious, systemic effort to empower Indigenous communities in the history of philanthropy. We are creating a paradigm change in how society invests in Indigenous Peoples by dramatically scaling up investment and shifting decision-making power to Indigenous Peoples. We are doing four key things to create a new ecosystem that supports Indigenous self-determination:
- We are dramatically increasing philanthropic investment into Indigenous-led organizations, with the goal of giving out $50M per year in grants by 2020.
- We are creating an Indigenous-led Community Development Financial Institution to move $100M of for-profit investment into projects led by and serving Indigenous communities.
- We are building capacity in Indigenous communities to be able to absorb this new influx of capital.
- We are advocating for Indigenous rights and policy changes that will enable our peoples and communities to thrive.
What Sets Us Apart
- We represent the people we serve—we are Indigenous-led and support Indigenous people and organizations
- We think in systems and recognize the interconnectedness of all living things
- We are changemakers that have and model a mindset of abundance
- We believe in the power of Indigenous self-determination to create a just, equitable world for all people and the planet
- We integrate culture and ceremony into our work
- We acknowledge and pay respects to our elders and past while taking ownership and control of our future
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the NDN Partners Managing Director and Business Development Officer in business acquisition and assists multiple activities such as customer relations, business process activities; Such as conducting market research, develop business strategies, build client relationships, and identify new business opportunities
- Support development of work-related training and fee-for-service development programs.
- Analyze fee-for-service training needs or evaluate training effectiveness.
- Set up systems and files to ensure that all business information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Present information with a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
- Obtain, organize, or develop training procedure manuals, guides, or course materials, such as handouts or visual materials.
- Support efforts to expand our relationships with stakeholders who are aligned with our interests.
- Assist with scheduling and meeting support.
- Other duties assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 1-2 year of professional experience preferred.
- Experience working in for-profit business or tribal setting, preferably with business development & programming.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a range of groups, including campaigns, consultants and community members/partners.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and provide administrative/programmatic support to NDN Action staff.
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows or Gmail Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), mailing list programs such as Action Network, Mail Chimp or similar and online donation platforms including Click and Pledge.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong ability and desire to work in a team environment which may include remote/virtual work.
- Strong motivation and ability to take initiative.
- ACTIVATOR: You are a self-reliant person and are strong at making things happen by turning thoughts into action.
- LEARNER: You have strong learning agility and are able to rapidly understand and analyze new situations.
- COMMUNICATOR: You are a strong communicator who can create high-quality materials and deliver compelling messages and presentations.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: You are ambitious and creative and enjoy the process of building something from the ground up.
- SOCIALLY & EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT: You are able to work efficiently and respectfully with others. You understand how individuals, groups, and societies work and you build rapport through being trustworthy and empathetic.
- DETAIL ORIENTED: You strive for perfection and are able to move from the high level of a project to its smallest details.
- FLEXIBLE: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are flexible when it is necessary. You are willing to travel when needed and excel in a remote worksite.
This position is salaried, commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance as well as 401(k) retirement plan, a wellness program, personal leave and professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Associate, NDN Partners– [YOUR NAME].” As a single PDF attachment, include:
- Your resume
- 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the organization and position
- Short answers to the following questions:
▪ What is your philosophy about economic development?
▪ What would you be most nervous about going into this role if you were offered and accepted the position?
▪ What is the best advice you ever received?
In the body of the email, please copy and paste the content of your short answers and include your name, phone number, and email address.
As attention to detail is critical for success in this role, only applicants who follow these specific application guidelines will be considered.
NDN Collective is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination. It is NDN Collective’s policy to comply with all federal, state, tribal and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity. In keeping with that policy, NDN Collective is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination against or harassment of any of our employees or others present at our facilities by anyone, including any NDN Collective supervisor, co-worker, vendor or client.