Position Title: Program Associate – NDN Action
Location: Remote, Rapid City, SD or Minneapolis, MN preferred
Application Deadline: April 15, 2023
The Program Associate reports to the Managing Director of NDN Action. They will provide administrative and programmatic support to the NDN Action Managing Director in planning, organizing, and implementing NDN Action’s Indigenous rights and policy advocacy operations, programs and services, and activities and duties as part of the NDN Ecosystem, both internally and externally.
WHO WE ARE
NDN Collective is the most ambitious, systemic effort to empower Indigenous Peoples in the history of philanthropy. We are creating a paradigm change in how society invests in Indigenous Peoples by dramatically scaling up investment and shifting decision-making power. We are doing four key things to create a new ecosystem that supports Indigenous self-determination:
- We are dramatically increasing philanthropic investment into Indigenous-led organizations, with the goal of giving out $50M per year in grants.
- We are creating an Indigenous-led CDFI to move $100M of for-profit investment into projects led by and serving Indigenous communities.
- We are building capacity in Indigenous communities to be able to absorb this new influx of capital.
- We are advocating for Indigenous rights and policy changes that will enable our peoples and communities to thrive.
What Sets Us Apart
- We represent the people we serve—we are Indigenous-led and support Indigenous people and organizations
- We think in systems and recognize the interconnectedness of all living things
- We are changemakers that have and model a mindset of abundance
- We believe in the power of Indigenous self-determination to create a just, equitable world for all people and the planet
- We integrate culture and ceremony into our work
- We acknowledge and pay respects to our elders and past while taking ownership and control of our future.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the NDN Action Managing Director, Director of Organizing, and NDN Action sub-teams with management daily operations and processes.
- Assists in the management of credit cards, contracts, and other financial processes.
- Sets up systems and files to ensure that all NDN Action information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Supports deployments and other team travel planning and logistics.
- Supports the development of NDN Action content, including position papers, presentations, memos, fact sheets, blogs, one pagers, FAQs and talking points.
- Monitor progress of sub-teams projects, and assist the teams by providing a variety of support functions to ensure successful implementation of that work.
- Help to convene and engage partner organizations across all campaigns.
- Support efforts to expand our relationships with stakeholders who are aligned with our interests.
- Assist with scheduling and meeting support.
- Travel nationally and internationally as needed.
- Other duties assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1-2 years of professional experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a range of groups, including internal teams, consultants, and community members/partners
- Entry-level experience supporting organizational contracts and budgets.
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows and Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Gmail Suite, mailing list programs such as Action Network, Mail Chimp, or similar, and online donation platforms including Click and Pledge.
- Understanding of and commitment to social change through building the capacity and power of people to change their communities and to participate directly in changing public policies
- Strong political analysis of Indigenous issues from both lived and professional experience.
- Strong ability and desire to work in a team environment which may include remote work.
- Strong motivation and ability to take initiative.
- ACTIVATOR: You are a self-reliant person and are strong at making things happen by turning thoughts into actions.
- LEARNER: You have strong learning agility and are able to rapidly understand and analyze new situations. You learn from your successes and failures and improve processes in your work.
- COMMUNICATOR: You are an exceptionally strong communicator who can create high-quality materials and deliver compelling messages and presentations.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: You are ambitious and creative and enjoy the process of building something from the ground up.
- SOCIALLY & EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT: You are able to work efficiently and respectfully with others. You understand how individuals, groups, and societies work and you build rapport through being trustworthy and empathetic.
- DETAIL ORIENTED: You strive for perfection and are able to move from the high level of a project to its smallest details.
- FLEXIBLE: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are flexible when it is necessary. You are willing to travel when needed.
This position is salaried, commensurate with experience, at a GS 10 level with a salary ranging from $53,212 to $69,178. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance as well as 401(k) retirement plan, a wellness program, personal leave and professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “INSERT JOB TITLE – [YOUR NAME].” In the email, please include:
As a single PDF attachment, include:
- Your resume
- 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the organization and position
- Short answers to the following questions:
- How does your indigeneity inform your current work and your interest in the position?
- What is your philosophy about the position?
- What would you be most nervous about going into this role if you were offered and accepted the position?
- NDN Collective conducts background checks, is there anything you want to share with us about your background?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
- In the body of the email, please copy and paste the content of your short answers and include your name, phone number, and email address.
As attention to detail is critical for success in this role, only applicants who follow these specific application guidelines will be considered.
Note: Please apply to one position only.
NDN Collective is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination. It is NDN Collective’s policy to comply with all federal, state, tribal and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity. In keeping with that policy, NDN Collective is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination against or harassment of any of our employees or others present at our facilities by anyone, including any NDN Collective supervisor, co-worker, vendor or client.