Position Title: Operations Administrative Associate
Location: Rapid City, SD – NDN Headquarters
Application Deadline: Rolling basis until position is filled
The Administrative Associate duties and responsibilities will include providing administrative support to the Director of Operations and the Operations Team, as well as providing assistance with and at the NDN Collective Headquarters building. This position will also provide support in the following areas: procurement and fulfillment, inventory management, financial processes and procedures, sponsorships, facilities maintenance and property management, event planning, and overall general support. It will be the responsibility of the hired individual to ensure that all required duties are completed accurately and in a timely manner. It is expected that the OPS Administrative Associate rely on their experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
WHO WE ARE
NDN Collective is the most ambitious, systemic effort to empower Indigenous Peoples in the history of philanthropy. We are creating a paradigm change in how society invests in Indigenous Peoples by dramatically scaling up investment and shifting decision-making power. We are doing four key things to create a new ecosystem that supports Indigenous self-determination:
- We are dramatically increasing philanthropic investment into Indigenous-led organizations, with the goal of giving out $50M per year in grants.
- We are creating an Indigenous-led CDFI to move $100M of for-profit investment into projects led by and serving Indigenous communities.
- We are building capacity in Indigenous communities to be able to absorb this new influx of capital.
- We are advocating for Indigenous rights and policy changes that will enable our peoples and communities to thrive.
What Sets Us Apart
- We represent the people we serve—we are Indigenous-led and support Indigenous people and organizations
- We think in systems and recognize the interconnectedness of all living things
- We are changemakers that have and model a mindset of abundance
- We believe in the power of Indigenous self-determination to create a just, equitable world for all people and the planet
- We integrate culture and ceremony into our work
- We acknowledge and pay respects to our elders and past while taking ownership and control of our future.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing support and assistance to the Director of Operations, the Operations team, and the overall NDN Collective Headquarters building.
- Greeting visitors, determining the nature of visits, and directing visitors to appropriate persons; answering incoming calls, screening, and directing to appropriate persons; escorting visitors within secured spaces; and maintaining organizational contacts as needed.
- Assisting with general clerical office tasks such as operating basic office equipment, assisting with inventory, digital filing and updating organizational resource manuals and files.
- Assisting in ordering supplies and updating inventory logs.
- Assisting in research projects, compilations, and projections.
- Assisting in event planning and coordination.
- Assisting with financial requests, reports, and inquiries.
- Providing general housekeeping and maintenance duties.
- Contributing to team effort throughout the organization.
- Performing other miscellaneous office tasks as requested.
WHO YOU ARE
Education and Experience
- Entry level finance/business experience preferred but not required
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous admin or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and email etiquette
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Google Suite and email
- ACTIVATOR: You are a self-reliant person and are strong at making things happen by turning thoughts into Partners. You have a proven track record of successfully building or sustaining a nonprofit fundraising operation.
- LEARNER: You have strong learning agility and are able to rapidly understand and analyze new situations. You learn from your successes and failures and improve processes to drive our fundraising.
- COMMUNICATOR: You are an exceptionally strong communicator who can create high-quality materials and deliver compelling messages and presentations. You have experience using this strength in securing funds for nonprofits.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: You are ambitious and creative and enjoy the process of building something from the ground up. You are excited by the opportunity to come in and have a heavy hand in shaping our development operations.
- SOCIALLY & EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT: You are able to work efficiently and respectfully with others. You understand how individuals, groups, and societies work and you build rapport through being trustworthy and empathetic.
- DETAIL ORIENTED: You strive for perfection and are able to move from the high level of a project to its smallest details.
- FLEXIBLE: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are flexible when it is necessary. You are willing to travel when needed.
This position is salaried, commensurate with experience, at GS level 8, ranging from $43,750 to $56,871. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance as well as 401(k) retirement plan, a wellness program, sick leave, personal leave and professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “INSERT JOB TITLE – [YOUR NAME].” In the email, please include:
As a single PDF attachment, include:
- Your resume
- 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the organization and position
- Short answers to the following questions:
- How does your indigeneity inform your current work and your interest in the position?
- What would you be most nervous about going into this role if you were offered and accepted the position?
- NDN Collective conducts background checks, is there anything you want to share with us about your background?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
- In the body of the email, please copy and paste the content of your short answers and include your name, phone number, and email address.
As attention to detail is critical for success in this role, only applicants who follow these specific application guidelines will be considered.
Note: Please apply to one position only.
NDN Collective is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination. It is NDN Collective’s policy to comply with all federal, state, tribal and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity. In keeping with that policy, NDN Collective is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination against or harassment of any of our employees or others present at our facilities by anyone, including any NDN Collective supervisor, co-worker, vendor or client.