Position Title: Information Technology Manager
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Reports to: Director of Operations
NDN Collective is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that builds the power of Indigenous Peoples, Communities, and Nations to exercise our inherent right to self-determination, while fostering a world that is built on a foundation of justice.
The Information Technology (IT) Director will oversee NDN Collective’s IT function and the implementation of new IT systems and policies. The goal is to ensure IT systems are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and specifications of the organization.
WHO WE ARE
NDN Collective is the most ambitious, systemic effort to empower Indigenous communities in the history of philanthropy. We are creating a paradigm change in how society invests in Indigenous Peoples by dramatically scaling up investment and shifting decision-making power to Indigenous Peoples. We are doing four key things to create a new ecosystem that supports Indigenous self-determination:
- We are dramatically increasing philanthropic investment into Indigenous-led organizations, with the goal of giving out $50M per year in grants.
- We are creating an Indigenous-led Community Development Financial Institution to move $100M of for-profit investment into projects led by and serving Indigenous communities.
- We are building capacity in Indigenous communities to be able to absorb this new influx of capital.
- We are advocating for Indigenous rights and policy changes that will enable our peoples and communities to thrive.
What Sets Us Apart
- We represent the people we serve—we are Indigenous-led and support Indigenous people and organizations
- We think in systems and recognize the interconnectedness of all living things
- We are changemakers that have and model a mindset of abundance
- We believe in the power of Indigenous self-determination to create a just, equitable world for all people and the planet
- We integrate culture and ceremony into our work
- We acknowledge and pay respects to our elders and past while taking ownership and control of our future
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the IT function for NDN Collective and it’s downstream entities.
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of organizational goals set by the NDN Collective Leadership Team.
- Regularly evaluate IT policies and systems against these organizational goals and for continuous improvement.
- Analyze the business requirements of all functions and entities within NDN Collective to determine their technology needs for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report these to the Director of Operations and in consultation with the Leadership Team.
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software.
- Issuing accounts, organizational software licenses
- Inspect the use of IT equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Develop and control budget and report on expenditures.
- Plan and lead security risk mitigation and data protection.
- Some travel to the remote locations may be required.
- Some nights and weekends may be required for on call duties, scheduled network outages, troubleshooting and installations.
- Build an internal documentation, manuals and IT policies.
- Analyze IT specifications to assess security risks.
- Design and implement safety measures and data recovery plans.
- Install, configure monitor and upgrade security software (e.g. antivirus programs).
- Secure networks through firewalls, password protection and other systems.
- Inspect hardware for vulnerable points of access.
- Monitor network activity to identify issues early and communicate them to the Director of Operations and Leadership Team as needed.
- Point of contact for Managed IT Services including the setup of new employee profiles, adding to the organizational VPN system and server.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or related field; or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of IT experience with at least two years of management responsibility in a multi-office environment.
- Experience working with nonprofit a plus.
- Experience creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet objectives.
- Experience in controlling an information technology budget.
- Experience managing complex projects.
- Experience managing and mentoring technical staff.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Advanced IT industry knowledge.
- Cyber security knowledge, and excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Skilled collaborative manager.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- ACTIVATOR: You are a self-reliant person and are strong at making things happen by turning thoughts into action.
- LEARNER: You have strong learning agility and are able to rapidly understand and analyze new situations.
- COMMUNICATOR: You are a strong communicator who can create high-quality materials and deliver compelling messages and presentations.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: You are ambitious and creative and enjoy the process of building something from the ground up.
- SOCIALLY & EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT: You are able to work efficiently and respectfully with others. You understand how individuals, groups, and societies work and you build rapport through being trustworthy and empathetic.
- DETAIL ORIENTED: You strive for perfection and are able to move from the high level of a project to its smallest details.
- FLEXIBLE: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are flexible when it is necessary. You are willing to travel when needed and excel in a remote worksite.
This position is salaried, commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance as well as 401(k) retirement plan, a wellness program, personal leave and professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Information Technology Manager – [YOUR NAME].” As a single PDF attachment, include:
- As a single PDF attachment, include:
- Your resume
- 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the organization and position.
- Short answers to the following questions:
- What is your philosophy about information technology?
- What do decolonization and building Indigenous power mean to you?
- What would you be most nervous about going into this role if you were offered and accepted the position?
- NDN Collective conducts background checks, is there anything you want to share with us about your background?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
- In the body of the email, please copy and paste the content of your short answers and include your name, phone number, and email address.
As attention to detail is critical for success in this role, only applicants who follow these specific application guidelines will be considered.
NDN Collective is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination. It is NDN Collective’s policy to comply with all federal, state, tribal and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity. In keeping with that policy, NDN Collective is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination against or harassment of any of our employees or others present at our facilities by anyone, including any NDN Collective supervisor, co-worker, vendor or client.