Position Title: Front Desk Executive
Location: Rapid City, SD
Reports To: Director of Operations
NDN Collective is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that builds the power of Indigenous Peoples, Communities, and Nations to exercise our inherent right to self-determination, while fostering a world that is built on a foundation of justice.
The Front Desk Executive provides front desk reception, acts as a host for visitors and supports administrative activities as needed.
WHO WE ARE
NDN Collective is an ambitious, systemic effort to empower Indigenous communities. We are creating a paradigm change in how society invests in Indigenous Peoples by scaling up investment and shifting decision-making power to Indigenous Peoples. We are doing four key things to create a new ecosystem that supports Indigenous self-determination:
- We are increasing philanthropic investment into Indigenous-led organizations, with the goal of giving out $50M per year in grants.
- We are creating an Indigenous-led Community Development Financial Institution to move $100M of for-profit investment into projects led by and serving Indigenous communities.
- We are building capacity in Indigenous communities to be able to absorb this new influx of capital.
- We are advocating for Indigenous rights and policy changes that will enable our peoples and communities to thrive.
What Sets Us Apart
- We represent the people we serve—we are Indigenous-led and support Indigenous people and organizations
- We think in systems and recognize the interconnectedness of all living things
- We are changemakers that have and model a mindset of abundance
- We believe in the power of Indigenous self-determination to create a just, equitable world for all people and the planet
- We integrate culture and ceremony into our work
- We acknowledge and pay respects to our elders and past while taking ownership and control of our future
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides front desk reception, answers phones, takes messages and directs inquiries to proper staff.
- Handles, records and disperses all incoming and outgoing mail and all other correspondence for the organization.
- Acts as a host for visitors.
- Talks about and answers general questions regarding the organization.
- Orders supplies as needed for the front desk.
- Manages incoming and outgoing deliveries.
- Supports administrative activities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
Education, Experience, Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task at a fairly rapid pace.
- Ability to remain composed despite demands from multiple sources.
- Ability to seek support when they need it.
- Ability to handle stress in a responsible and healthy way.
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Word processing
- ACTIVATOR: You are a self-reliant person and are strong at making things happen by turning thoughts into action.
- LEARNER: You have strong learning agility and are able to rapidly understand and analyze new situations.
- COMMUNICATOR: You are a strong communicator who can create high-quality materials and deliver compelling messages and presentations.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: You are ambitious and creative and enjoy the process of building something from the ground up.
- SOCIALLY & EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT: You are able to work efficiently and respectfully with others. You understand how individuals, groups, and societies work and you build rapport through being trustworthy and empathetic.
- DETAIL ORIENTED: You strive for perfection and are able to move from the high level of a project to its smallest details.
- FLEXIBLE: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are flexible when it is necessary. You are willing to travel when needed and excel in a remote worksite.
This position is salaried, commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance as well as 401(k) retirement plan, a wellness program, sick leave, personal leave and professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Front Desk Executive – [YOUR NAME].” In the email, please include:
- As a single PDF attachment, include:
- Your resume
- 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the organization and position
- Short answers to the following questions:
- What is your philosophy about the importance of the front desk reception?
- What do decolonization and building Indigenous power mean to you?
- What would you be most nervous about going into this role if you were offered and accepted the position?
- NDN Collective conducts background checks, is there anything you want to share with us about your background?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
- In the body of the email, please copy and paste the content of your short answers and include your name, phone number, and email address.
As attention to detail is critical for success in this role, only applicants who follow these specific application guidelines will be considered.
NDN Collective is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination. It is NDN Collective’s policy to comply with all federal, state, tribal and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity. In keeping with that policy, NDN Collective is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination against or harassment of any of our employees or others present at our facilities by anyone, including any NDN Collective supervisor, co-worker, vendor or client.