Position Title: Annual Giving Manager
Application Deadline: Rolling basis until position is filled
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Annual Giving Manager will lead the department’s individual donor campaigns, cultivation, and stewardship strategies to engage NDN’s individual donors. The Annual Giving Manager will also support the Director of Advancement on all individual donor management and donor-related projects, develop campaigns, management tools, and processes that will be deployed across the organization for individual donor support and cultivation.
About the Organization
NDN Collective is the most ambitious, systemic effort to empower Indigenous Peoples in the history of philanthropy. We are creating a paradigm change in how society invests in Indigenous Peoples by dramatically scaling up investment and shifting decision-making power. We are doing four key things to create a new ecosystem that supports Indigenous self-determination:
- We are dramatically increasing philanthropic investment into Indigenous-led organizations, with the goal of giving out $50M per year in grants.
- We are creating an Indigenous-led CDFI to move $100M of for-profit investment into projects led by and serving Indigenous communities.
- We are building capacity in Indigenous communities to be able to absorb this new influx of capital.
- We are advocating for Indigenous rights and policy changes that will enable our peoples and communities to thrive.
What Sets Us Apart
- We represent the people we serve—we are Indigenous-led and support Indigenous people and organizations
- We think in systems and recognize the interconnectedness of all living things
- We are changemakers that have and model a mindset of abundance
- We believe in the power of Indigenous self-determination to create a just, equitable world for all people and the planet
- We integrate culture and ceremony into our work
- We acknowledge and pay respects to our elders and past while taking ownership and control of our future
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a successful annual giving program through a multi-channel strategy including campaign design, email, social media, events, phone, and personal outreach to steward, cultivate and communicate with individual NDN donors.
- Coordinate, develop and execute editorial calendars of content with NDN’s communications team.
- In partnership with, and under the direction of the Director of Advancement, create reporting systems and long-term strategies to engage individual donors.
- Create powerful program narratives, that can be adapted to varying audiences in partnership with other NDN departments and entities.
- Manage online donation systems, donor databases, and email systems effectively.
- Manage donor relationships in partnership and under the direction of the Director of Development.
- Steward funding partners through regular updates and communications.
- Work closely with the Leadership and Advancement teams to contribute to fundraising strategies and ensure annual goals are met.
- Other duties as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (4 plus years in Fundraising capacity)
- 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Annual Giving campaign design and execution experience
- Success building meaningful relationships with individual donors
- Familiarity with SalesForce, or related donor CRM tools
- Demonstrated commitment to serving the public in a mission-drive organization
- A solid background of writing, marketing and solicitation
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Strategic thinking, able to conceptualize, lead and execute complex projects and effectively convey their impact to various audiences
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines and objectives
- Strength in collaboration as part of a team to move projects forward in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding research, analytical skills
- Outstanding partnership development skills
- Success in persuasive writing and experience developing complex communications projects
- Demonstrated success in grant writing and a track record of successful fundraising
- Experience directing, motivating, developing, and supervising staff and/or contractors
- ACTIVATOR: You are a self-reliant person and are strong at making things happen by turning thoughts into action.
- LEARNER: You have strong learning agility and are able to rapidly understand and analyze new situations.
- COMMUNICATOR: You are a strong communicator who can create high-quality materials and deliver compelling messages and presentations.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: You are ambitious and creative and enjoy the process of building something from the ground up.
- SOCIALLY & EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT: You are able to work efficiently and respectfully with others. You understand how individuals, groups, and societies work and you build rapport through being trustworthy and empathetic.
- DETAIL ORIENTED: You strive for perfection and are able to move from the high level of a project to its smallest details.
- FLEXIBLE: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are flexible when it is necessary. You are willing to travel when needed and excel in a remote worksite.
This position is salaried, commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance as well as 401(k) retirement plan, a wellness program, personal leave and professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Annual Giving Manager – [YOUR NAME].” In the email, please include:
- As a single PDF attachment, include:
- Your resume
- 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the organization and position
- Short answers to the following questions:
- What is your philosophy about fundraising, specifically with individual donors?
- What would you be most nervous about going into this role if you were offered and accepted the position?
- NDN Collective conducts background checks, is there anything you want to share with us about your background?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
- In the body of the email, please copy and paste the content of your short answers and include your name, phone number, and email address.
As attention to detail is critical for success in this role, only applicants who follow these specific application guidelines will be considered.
NDN Collective is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination. It is NDN Collective’s policy to comply with all federal, state, tribal and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity. In keeping with that policy, NDN Collective is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination against or harassment of any of our employees or others present at our facilities by anyone, including any NDN Collective supervisor, co-worker, vendor or client.